So you’re finally moving from Houston to Tennessee! Congratulations! While it’s definitely an exciting time, there are a lot of things to think about and plan for. Before you start moving from Texas to Tennessee there are lots of things to be done. From finding a new place to live to getting your belongings there in one piece, there’s a lot to do. But don’t worry – we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll go over some of the most important things to keep in mind when making a long-distance move.
Why are people moving from Houston to Tennessee?
There are many reasons why people may choose to move from Houston to Tennessee. Some may be drawn to the state’s natural beauty, while others may be attracted to the vibrant music and arts scene. Others may appreciate the lower cost of living in Tennessee or the fact that the state is home to many top-ranked colleges and universities. Whatever the reason, moving to Tennessee with interstate moving companies Texas can be a great decision for those looking for a change of pace.
The climate in Tennessee
If you’re moving from Houston to Tennessee, you’ll definitely notice a change in the climate! Temperatures in Tennessee are much cooler than in Houston, and there is also significantly more rainfall. While you may have to get used to a little bit more wet weather, you’ll probably enjoy the cooler temperatures and the stunning scenery that comes with all that rain.
The cost of living in Tennessee
Houston is one of the most expensive cities in the United States, and Tennessee is one of the most affordable. The average cost of living in Houston is about 33% higher than the national average, while the cost of living in Tennessee is about 9% below the national average.
That means that your dollar will go much further in Tennessee than it will in Houston. One of the biggest expenses you’ll face when moving to a new city is housing. In Houston, the median home price is over $200,000, while in Tennessee, the median home price is just over $100,000. That means that you can buy a home for half the price in Tennessee as you could in Houston. And, if you’re renting, you’ll find that rents are much more affordable in Tennessee as well.
Another big expense is transportation. If you’re used to driving everywhere in Houston, you’ll be happy to know that you can get around quite easily in Tennessee without a car. The public transportation system in Nashville is actually quite good, and there are also a number of ride-sharing options available. So, if you don’t want to deal with the hassle and expense of owning a car, you don’t have to.
The job market in Tennessee
If you’re considering making the move from Houston, TX to Tennessee, you may be wondering what the job market is like in your new state. Luckily, Tennessee has a robust economy with plenty of opportunities for employment. The state’s largest industries include agriculture, manufacturing, and healthcare. Other major employers include the government and tourism.
With such a diverse range of industries, there’s sure to be something for everyone in Tennessee. The unemployment rate in Tennessee is lower than the national average, meaning there are plenty of jobs to go around. And, with its low cost of living and beautiful scenery, Tennessee is an attractive state to live and work in. So, if you’re looking for a new place to call home, be sure to give Tennessee a look.
Things to do in Tennessee
If you’re moving from Houston to Tennessee, there are plenty of things to do in the Volunteer State. Here are just a few ideas:
- Visit Nashville and explore all the music city has to offer, from the Grand Ole Opry to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Take a scenic drive through the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Visit Memphis and learn about its rich history, from Elvis Presley to the civil rights movement.
- Explore the state’s many state parks, including Chattanooga’s Lookout Mountain and Knoxville’s Ijams Nature Center.
- And of course, taste some of Tennessee’s world-famous whiskey!
Tips for moving from Houston to Tennessee
Are you considering a move from Houston to Tennessee with State to State Move? Here are a few things to keep in mind as you make the transition:
- Know your budget. Moving to a new city can be expensive, so make sure you have a good understanding of your financial situation before making the move.
- Find a place to live. Once you know your budget, start looking for a place to live in your new city. Make sure to research different neighborhoods so you can find the one that best suits your needs.
- Get familiar with the area. Before making the move, take some time to familiarize yourself with the new city. This includes things like learning about the local culture and finding out what transportation options are available.
- Say goodbye to your old life. Once you’ve made the decision to move, it’s important to detach yourself from your old life in Houston. This means saying goodbye to friends and family, as well as any other attachments you have to the city.
Making the move from Houston to Tennessee can be a big change, but it can also be an exciting one. By following these tips, you can make sure that your transition is as smooth as possible.
Moving from one state to another can be a huge undertaking, but it can also be an exciting adventure. If you’re considering moving from Houston to Tennessee with one of the interstate moving companies Houston has to offer, we hope this article has given you some helpful information and tips to get started. From finding the right place to live to getting your finances in order, there’s a lot to think about when making a big move. But with careful planning and preparation, you can have a smooth transition and enjoy all that Tennessee has to offer.